- Full-day tour by horseback to the ancient Mayan city of Minanha
- Explore a complex of ancient ruins hidden by the thick jungle
- See sacred Mayan artifacts and burial chambers deep inside a cave
- Includes a typical Belizean lunch
- Great way to explore Belize's ancient Mayan heritage
- Convenient meeting location in central San Ignacio
Departure & Return
Departure Point: Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize Address: Jungle Splash Eco Tours Office Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize Dates: Daily Return point: Returns to original departure point
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Follow in the footsteps of archaeological explorers as you approach Minanha, a once-mighty Mayan city that was discovered buried under layers of thick jungle vegetation. Dismount your horse and climb among the 38 partially uncovered structures of this ‘lost’ city, including a ceremonial acropolis where you can admire the same view seen by ancient Mayan kings. Keep an eye out for the rare white morpho butterfly and other native wildlife as you explore.
Midday, recharge with an included lunch before venturing into the ancient Mayan underworld known as Xibalba by way of Isabella Cave. Strap on a headlamp to descend into a network of chambers that glimmer with natural crystalline formations, and see remnants of ancient burial artifacts left behind more than 1,000 years ago. When you return to the surface, climb back on your horse for the return journey to San Ignacio.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Dress code: Comfortable riding clothing (long pants and a sleeved shirt) are recommended
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Please specify if you have any dietary restrictions at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Jungle Splash Eco Tours
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Guides required to regularly wash hands