Mallory Square has been one of Key West’s social and commercial hubs since the 1820s and is now one of the town’s top destinations for shopping, dining, and sightseeing. The square is a stop on many city tours, and sunset cruises pass by on their way out to sea. To enjoy the Sunset Celebration, head to the area in the evening; you’ll find oddball performers, street artists, and a friendly crowd enjoying the evening light.
Things to Know Before You Go
The sunset-viewing area is wheelchair and stroller accessible.
Street performers put on shows for tips, so it’s ideal to have some small bills on hand.
Dockside restaurants fill up quickly during sunset hours; reserve a table in advance, or visit one of Mallory Squares many food vendors.
How to Get There
Mallory Square is located at 400 Wall Street in Key West. The area is hard to reach by private car due to narrow streets and limited parking. You can reach the area easily on the Key West trolley or by booking a hop-on, hop-off bus tour; both have stops adjacent to the square.
When to Get There
Mallory Square’s restaurants and shops draw a steady crowd throughout the day, and the Sunset Celebration kicks off about an hour before the sun sets. If you’re hoping to find a prime spot for taking photos, plan to arrive on the early side and stake out a place by the water.
Mallory Square Restaurants
There are dozens of great dining options in or near Mallory Square. For upscale seafood, Hot Tin Roof, which offers everything from poke to poached lobster, is a local favorite. Other top picks include Bistro 245, Terrace Roma, Rooftop Café, and the lively Hog’s Breath Saloon. For something more casual, check out the Sunset Celebration food carts, which offer fruity drinks, seafood, conch fritters, popcorn, and more.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Miami
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in St Petersburg
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in Clearwater
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Key West Aquarium
- Key West Shipwreck Treasure Museum
- Ripley's Believe It or Not! Key West Museum
- Mel Fisher Maritime Museum
- Harry S. Truman Little White House
- Hard Rock Cafe Key West
- St. Paul's Key West Episcopal Church
- Key West Cruise Port
- Duval Street
- Fort Zachary Taylor
- Key West Cemetery
- Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum
- Key West Lighthouse and Keeper's Quarters Museum
- Basilica of Saint Mary Star of the Sea
- Key West Butterfly and Nature Conservatory