Cancun Hotel Zone (Avenida Kukulkan)
If you’re vacationing in Cancun, chances are you’ll end up at one of the resorts along Avenida Kukulkan. There’s lots to see and do here, including shopping, surfing, and more. After dark, visitors flock to Party Center, right in the middle of the Hotel Zone, to drink and dance the night away at Cancun’s hottest clubs.
Party-goers who want to avoid the hassle of planning transport can opt for a skip-the-line nightlife tour that includes unlimited drinks plus hotel pickup and drop-off.
Things to Know Before You Go
English is widely spoken in almost all of the tourist areas.
Paths leading out to the beach are easy to spot from Avenida Kukulkan.
Remember to bring sun protection and water, as the strip and beaches offer little shade.
Get a taste of Maya culture at the Cancun Maya Museum and San Miguelito.
How to Get There
There are several ways to reach Avenida Kukulkan, located just minutes from downtown. Most visitors arrive by airport transfer, taxi, or public transport—the R1 or R2 buses travel the length of the Hotel Zone. If you’re driving, head eastbound on Avenida Coba and continue straight through the intersection with Avenida Bonampak.
When to Get There
Cancun can be visited year-round. Winter sees large numbers of tourists, and the weeks before and after Easter are also some of the busiest. Other times of year are less crowded. From May to October, expect higher-than-average humidity and a chance of wet weather.
Cancun Maya Museum
While it may not be the most authentic corner of the Yucatan Peninsula, Avenida Kukulkan does offer pockets of culture. At Km 16.5, the Maya Museum showcases centuries-old artifacts from ancient Maya sites throughout the Yucatan region. The museum sits alongside a patch of jungle with a small group of well-preserved Maya ruins known as San Miguelito.
- Things to do in Riviera Maya & the Yucatan
- Things to do in Playa del Carmen
- Things to do in Cozumel
- Things to do in Tulum
- Things to do in Costa Maya
- Things to do in Merida
- Things to do in Ambergris Caye
- Things to do in Belize City
- Things to do in Hopkins
- Things to do in Grand Cayman
- Things to do in San Pedro Sula
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in The Cayes
- Things to do in Central Highlands
- Interactive Aquarium Cancun
- Cancun Wax Museum (Museo de Cera Cancún)
- La Isla Shopping Village
- Mayan Museum of Cancun (Museo Maya de Cancún)
- Mandala Cancun Nightclub
- Dolphin Beach (Playa Delfines)
- Captain Hook Cancun
- Jolly Roger Pirate Ship
- Cancun Scenic Tower (Torre Escénica)
- Mandala Beach Club
- El Rey Archaeological Zone (Zona Arqueológica El Rey)
- Cenote Nohoch Nah Chich
- Cancun Underwater Museum of Art (Museo Subacuático de Arte)
- Cancun Christ the King Church (Iglesia de Cristo Rey)
- Palapas Park (Parque Las Palapas)